Warning: usort() [function.usort]: Invalid comparison function in /home/termite23/detroitfoodjustice.org/blog/wp-includes/class-simplepie.php on line 3100
April 26, 2011
Friends in Food Justice,
Welcome to the first Just Feed Detroit! NEWS. We’ll be sending these out once or twice a month. Please encourage your family, friends and community to subscribe as we’ll be sharing recipes, local food stories and info about important events and issues here.
We recently completed our first round of Cook Eat Talk sessions to rave reviews from both community leaders and everyday folk. These sessions were part of a transformative process for our collaborative partners and the coordination team. Please take a moment to read Adrienne Maree Brown’s documentation of the process and strategies, Cook Eat Talk: Midwifing Movement.
- Many of our partners are supporting the People’s Movement Assembly on Thursday. Though organized to facilitate a community response to Detroit Works, the PMA process is also a means address the Emergency Manager Law and attack on public education in Detroit. We have a voice. We have a vision. We are connected. Please come out and share with us!
- The Food Justice Task Force supports the vital work of Undoing Racism in the Detroit Food System and their weekend full of events with the premiere of their documentary and Two Day Training.
- The Food Justice Task Force supports the vital work of Undoing Racism in the Detroit Food System and their weekend full of events with the premiere of their documentary Friday and an important training session Saturday and Sunday. Note: the deadline for registration for the Two Day Training has been extended to Wednesday April 27 and you can now register online!
- There is a Public Hearing on Brownfield Tax Credits for incinerator owners. Thursday April 28, 9:40 am, 13th floor, Coleman a Young Municipal Center. Count on long wait until hearing actually starts. ALL VOICES IMPORTANT; SHORT COMMENTS FINE. New voices encouraged!
- The Detroit Food Policy Council is hosting a series of Community Forums about food and the food system in Detroit. April 26, from 6pm-8pm Christ the King Catholic Church, Koelzer Hall 20800 Grand River Ave. April 28, from 11am-1pm Most Holy Redeemer Church 1721 Junction These forums support the inaugural Detroit Food Summit: Powering Up The Local Food System on May 19 and 20 at Eastern Market.
Please learn more about these events and others below in Food Justice Events and our Recent Posts. We also encourage you to check out our interactive Detroit Food Policy pages. You can get to know your food policy and leave comments questions and ideas that we will share with the Food Policy Council.
Thank you all for your time and support!
Just Feed Detroit!
Detroit Food Justice Task Force